Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
PhD, LL.M(USA), LL.M( CUSAT)
Fulbright Vanderbilt Fellow 2008-09 from India to United States of America at
Vanderbilt University Law School, United States of America in Corporation Laws and Clinical Legal Education
18 years of professional experience- Eleven years University Post graduate level teaching of which three years at National Judicial Academy of India and Seven Years practice as a Lawyer
Important positions held:
Member, Supreme Court Committee on Pendency and Arrears of High Courts, Chaired by Chief Justice of India
Director and Head of the Department of Law, the School of Legal Studies, Kannur University
Member, Executive Council, Kerala State Higher Education Council
Convener, Review Committee, Kerala State Policy on Higher Education, 2012
Convener, Review Committee on Reforming Legal Education in Kerala State, 2012
Member, Board of Studies in Law (PG), University of Calicut, 2012
Member, Executive Council, National University of Advanced Legal Studies Kochi
Member, Global Alliance for Justice Education (GAJE) since 2008.
Books And Chapters
- Indian Democracy into Better Governance: Need for Ombudsman, Mathrubhumi Yearbook Plus 2012, Published by Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Co, Ltd.
- Legal Literacy Projects: Clinical Experience of Empowering the Poor in India The chapter co –authored for the book Global Clinical Movement: Educating Lawyers for Social Justice., Edited by Prof. Frank S. Bloch, ( Oxford, October 2010)
- LESSONS IN LAW (English) - Published by KERALA STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, (KELSA), Kochi. First Edition, 5th February 2004.
- STHREEYUM NIYAMAVUM, (Malayalam)- Published by KERALA STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, (KELSA), Kochi, First Edition, 1st November 2004.
- LESSONS IN LAW FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS (Malayalam)–Published by KERALA STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, (KELSA), Kochi, First Edition, July 2005.
- Edited - Contribution of the Kerala State to the Development of Constitutional Law in India- Published by Kannur University, 2006.
- Post divorce maintenance for a Muslim Woman, Cochin University Law Review 2012 June Issue
- Making Legal Services Available- the role of NALSA, Nyayadeep, National Legal Services Authority Publication , Supreme Court of India
- President of Discretion, Mathrubhumi Daily Dated 25th July 2012.
- Public Interest Litigation in India: A Triumph for Social Justice Lawyering, Cochin University Law Review, 2009 June Issue
- Freedom of Information, published in Cochin University Law Review, 2007 March-June Issue.
- Gratuity as a Legal Right to Teachers, Published in Legal Opus, Journal published from SDM Law College, Mangalore 2006 Issue.
- Protection to Divorced Muslim Wife, published in Kerala Law Times , 2003 June Issue
- Talak and Supreme Court decision in Shamim Ara Case, Published in Kerala Law Times, 2003 June Issue.
- Eight articles published in regional language on different legal issues.
SEMINAR & CONFERENCES
1. And Justice (Education) for All: Integrating and Assessing Justice Education in the Traditional Law School Curriculum, Paper Presented in the 6th GAJE World wide Conference and the 9th International Journal of Clinical Legal Education Conference 11th to 15th July 2011 at University of Valencia, Spain.
- Towards Social Reforms – Experience of Legal Literacy in India. Paper presented in the Fulbright Enrichment SA Seminar on Social Entrepreneurship, at San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A on 19-22 February 2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0LIG4e-eY&feature=related
- Legal Protection to Traditional Knowledge, Folklore and Genetic Resources in the International Seminar on FOLKLORE IN THE GLOBAL CONTEXT conducted by Marian College , Kuttikanam and Folkland International Centre for Folklore and Culture Kerala , on 30th August 2006.
- Emerging Issues in Health Law Relating to Women, in the International workshop on Initiations and Enactments on Health, Environment and Development – India and Canada at Centre for Canadian Studies, Kannur University, and Kerala, on 30th January 2006.
5. Lecture delivered on Legal Literacy to Women and Legal Aid in India at the Social Justice Brown Bag Luncheon, Vanderbilt University Law School at Vanderbilt University in September 2008. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4X5lOGJMrE
- Women Empowerment in India, in the two day U.A.E National Seminar for Indians, conducted by Kerala Muslim Cultural Centre , Sharjah, U.A.E on 24th and 25th February 2005.
7. Health Care Laws, lecture at International College of Law, Business Administration and Technology, Ajman, U.A.E. ON 15TH February 2005
- Women and Law In India, Young Lawyer Training Programme, A NLIU- UNFPA on 23rd October, 2010.
- Female Foeticide and PCPNDT Act , Training Programme for Law Teachers, A NLIU- UNFPA on 31st October, 2010.
- Improvising Standards of Legal Education , Seminar conducted by Bar Council Of India at Bar Council of Kerala Office , Ernakulam On 23rd August 2007.
- Need for Human Rights Education Seminar conducted by the Kerala State Human Rights Commission at Thalassery on 4th August 2007.
- Women and Social Realities, National Seminar on International Women’s Day, conducted by Government Law College , Kozhikode, on 10th March 2004.
- Copy Right Law, Conducted by Department of Life Sciences, Kannur University, Kerala on World Intellectual Property Day, 2003 April.
- Legal Status of women in the Post Liberalized Kerala, National Seminar conducted by Department of Applied Economics, Kannur University February 2004.
- Observations and Suggestions on National Policy for Empowerment of Women, conducted by National Commission for Women and Kerala Women’s Commission on a two-day Consultation Workshop at Government Guest House , Thiruvananthapuram, on 12th and 13th January 2004.
- Legal Services Authorities (Amendment) Act, 2002 conducted by Center for Legal Studies, Kannur University , Kerala .
- Delivered lecture on PCPNDT Act for Police and Prosecutors of Central Region (in six States) conducted by the Police Academy, PHQ, Bhopal
- Delivered lecture on Human Rights and Indian Judiciary at UGC-Academic Staff College, Calicut University, Kerala, during the Refresher Course on Education and Human Rights on 15th March 2006.
- Prisoners’ right to know, and Right To Information Act, 2005, on 14th October 2006 at Central Prison, Kannur, Kerala.
- Scope of Education for Muslim Women in India, Independence Speech on 15th August 2006, at Women’s College, Trikaripur, Kaseragod District, Kerala.
- Prisoner’s Legal Rights, on 5th July 2006 at Central Prison, Kannur, Kerala.
- Right To Information Act, 2005 and Redressal of Public Grievances, on 14th March 2006, conducted by Advocates forum, Mahe, Pondicherry.
- Inaugural Address on International Women’s Day, 8th March 2006, conducted by Kannur Association for Integrated, Rural Organizations and Support (KAIROS) at Kannur.
- Awareness on Right to Information Act, 2005, on 13th February 2006 at Kannur Police Association Hall conducted by Government of Kerala.
- Scope of Open Government and RTI Act, 2005 on January 2006, conducted by Satyam, Sivam Sundaram Seva Sangham(Trust) Pallur Mahe.
- Women Empowerment, 6th January 2006 at Government Polytechnic, Kannur, Kerala.
- Right To Information on 28th January 2006 at Thalassery organized by People’s Council for Civil Rights , Pearl View Regency Thalaserry
- Legal Aspects of Ragging, 5th December 2005, at Ayurveda Medical College, Parassinikkadavu, Kannur.
- Right To Information , Keynote Speaker, on 16th December 2005, jointly organized, NAM College Kallikandy and Malayala Manorama, Kannur
- Right To Information Act, 2005 a boon to the Society on 31st October 2005 organized jointly Kerala Union of Working Journalist, Kannur and School of Legal Studies, Kannur University.
- Need for Women Organization and law relating to women, on 11th August 2005, at Nirmalagiri College, Kuthuparamb, Kannur District.
Honours and Awards
- Fulbright Vanderbilt Fellow in Clinical Legal Education for the year 2008-09 at Vanderbilt University Law School, United States of America
- Malayala Manorama – Air India BOLT (Best Outlook Learner Teacher) Awarded 2005
- National Merit Scholarship, 1989- 1994, Government Law College, Calicut University.
- National Cadet Corps Republic Day Parade 1989 at New Delhi , India
- Member, Marching Contingent, National Cadet Corps , Republic Day Parade, 1989
- National Cadet Corps ‘B’ Certificate holder.
- Rifle Shooting Champion , Calicut University, 1988
- President Guide Award Winner 1986 awarded by Shri. Gyani Zail Zing, His Excellency, the President of India
- Elected to Cheruvathoor Grama Panchayat in 2000
Source : mguniversity.edu