Hon'ble Judge, Supreme Court
Born : 19.04.1948
- Hon'ble Mr. Justice Aftab Alam was born in Patna on April 19th, 1948 where he completed his School and College Education. Enrolled as an Advocate on 27.03.1973.
- He practised in the Patna High Court mainly in Labour, Service and Constitutional Law Cases. Worked as Additional Central Government Standing Counsel in Patna High Court from September 7, 1981 to September 6, 1985. He was designated as Senior Advoate by the Patna High Court at a relatively young age, on February 1, 1984.
- He was appointed as Judge of the Patna High Court on July 27, 1990. Was transferred to the Jammu & Kashmir High Court, where he was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice on 06.06.2007.
- He was elevated to the Supreme Court and assumed office on 12.11.2007.
- Besides Law, Justice Alam is deeply interested in Classical Urdu and Persian Poetry and studies in Sufism.
- Due to retire on 19th April, 2013 (F.N.)
Source : supremecourtofindia.nic.in