Member secretary and Executive director with BETI(Better Education Through Innovation) foundation.
Sehba Hussain is a post graduate studies as a Fullbright Scholar, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia USA. She also did her Masters in Medical & Psychiatric Social Work from University of Delhi, India.
She has been a member of various committees like,
- National Advisory Council (NAC), Government of India (Dissolve on 31st March, 08).
- State Supervisory Board, on PPNDT Act, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- Executive Committee of National Mission for Sarva Siksha Abhiyaan, Government of India.
- Executive Committee, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan, Government of Uttar Pradesh5
- Executive Committee, Uttaranchal Education for All- Education Council, Government of Uttaranchal.
- Member – State Level High Power Committee, Mahila Kalyan Nideshalaya, U.P. Government.
- Member- Executive Committee, Mahila Samakhya, U.P.
- Member- State Core Committee, SCERT, Lucknow
- Member- State Resource Group, Vaikalpik Shiksha, Lucknow
- Headed the UNICEF office in Bhutan and participated as a Core Committee Member in the planning & implementation of the Basic Education Programme of the country being jointly supported by the World Bank, UNICEF and the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- During posting in the UNICEF Country Office, Delhi and subsequently the UNICEF Upper India Office (responsible for Uttar Pradesh & Bihar 1991-98) conceptualized, strategically planned & grounded the Bihar Education Project the global flagship Education Project of UNICEF-India.
- Coordinated the implementation of a large Project awarded to the BETI Foundation under the Joint GOI/UNSEP Programme – Janshala. This was implemented in two Educational Wards of Lucknow and targeted 7800 marginalised out of school children of deprived urban localities. The Project was very successful with approximately 89% children being mainstreamed into Government and Private formal schools.
Sheba Hussain also has a work experience of working with organizations like, UNDP, UNICEF . Vivekanand Polyclinic.
Also worked as a Director, Social Health Care Project sponsored by Hill Development.
Source : vaniindia.org